This blog gets my opposite of goat!



Sundries!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yesterday brought about a flurry of home decorating that, were I actually nesting, would have been blissful. BUT, I'm not zealous about pouring an over-abundance of resources into this apartment, despite my love for it. Plus, I don't like spending time in Ikea when it's beautiful outside, and I don't like amassing sundries, because who need sundries when they've recently acquired a Chicago Public Library card and can self-sustain (for the forseeable future) by borrowing? Sooooo, the whole experience wasn't quite as sweet as it could've been, but here's what I got anyway, just for S & G (as Jonah might say), but not literally:

1) Nested end tables (2)
2) Wicker lamp shade
3) Bamboo cutting board
4) Shower caddy
5) Black poster frames (2)
6) Aluminum floor reading lamp
7) 6 ft. wide 4-tier book shelf
8) Stackable recycling bins (4)
9) Silverwear tray
10) Underwear drawer organizers (7)
11) Dish drying rack
12) Cords for hanging lanterns (2)

I'm terribly pleased, especially with the recycling bins. They're awesome: voluminous, side-loading and easily transportable from pantry to car to recycling center and back. I feel that it's difficult to express my excitement without also being able to share the full recycling experience with each and every reader. Please try to imagine their utilitarian goodness and perhaps I'll post a photo or two once they're properly labeled.

But not today! Annnd, i resolve: no more consumerism for the rest of the summer (unless I get a bike I've been eyein'/spyin' from craigslist). But first, priorities: begin using newly-acquired CPLibrary card, start self-sustaining garden, make old clothes new, trade excess couch throws for dairy cow/beast of burden to dwell in pantry beside (astride?) recycling bins. Wish me luck!

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter