This blog gets my opposite of goat!



Weekend in Transit


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Fuchu-Hommachi, one stop away from my new apartment, is home to a full-on horse racing track. More important than the existence of the track is what Jerry Seinfeld would say about it, I think. Anyway, maybe when the Kentucky Derby rolls around I'll be celebrating Japan style -- which may or may not have anything to do with mint juleps. I'll let you know. The new apt. itself is great: clean and pleasantly aromatic, centrally located, well-organized and spacious. So far, I love it -- nothing but good to say.

My UNICEF fundraising effort is going well. I am just over halfway to the $1,000 goal what with both online pledges and check-in-the-mail pledges, so thanks for that! Due to problems caused by the most recent quake (not turned tsunami, thankfully) near Sumatra, UNICEF is most assuredly still using funds and directing them to the appropriate areas of relief. The marathon is in 2.1546 weeks.

I bought Ultimate Manilow and Guero at HMV a couple days ago with an emotional combination of excitement, embarrassment, guilt and thrill. The experience was well worth expending the emotions involved, though, because playing Mandy in the staff room created a language-transcendent bond between the French, German and English teachers that totally surpassed any bond experienced before or since. I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

Wao! Also, is anyone else's bracket totally whack? My final 4 are long gone.

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter