This blog gets my opposite of goat!



Punch Packed


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



For your satiation, the answers to the six burning (and I do mean burning) questions for which my second-to-last post undoubtedly left you thirsting:

What: GIRLS DAY!
When: March 3rd
Who: Girls, ages 3 and 7
Why: To traditionally celebrate having safely navigated through early childhood and lived to tell about it
How/Where: How/Where else? Shrines galore!
Bonus Info: Not a national holiday, though "Boys' Day" in April is. Hmmmm.

Moving on, my new favorite food is Kimchi, which is spicy Korean* fermented cabbage. I wanted start making it at home, but discovered that fermentation requires a lot of time and is actually kind of revolting when pondered/experienced in excess. Plus, it costs a mere 350ish yen per quart at the store, so purchasing is doubly satisfying in that 1) fermentation is out of sight and therefore out of mind and 2) it's cheap. Hooray! One thing about kimchi I'll say: it packs a punch, much like granola packs a punch. Or apricots. Or dried cherries, if you know what I'm sayin' . . . and I think you do. But lord is it good on rice.

*Kimchi:Japan as Tacos:USA, for those who feel I am misrepresenting this country by promoting a non-authentically-Japanese food product.

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter