This blog gets my opposite of goat!



Iidabashi


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I sat down to post and became immediately uninspired. Poo. Perhaps 'tis because I've been relegated to the smoking section at the internet cafe and the secondhand is getting to me already. That would totally be a good excuse, except nobody is smoking. And the computers over on this side are much more functional than the crap I'm used to using -- i.e. a stick-free space bar for once! Inspiration, then, should arrive in scads . . . soon.


Bridge @ Sagamikio
In the meanwhile, a funny thought: as one who runs a lot I often find myself trekking about when I'm suddenly forced to find a place to pee. This urge can be ignored if need be -- i.e. I ran the entire Chicago Marathon having not been able to make a last trip to the port-a-loo. So, it can be done, but it's not desirable, for sure. When running here, options are scant, even in the woods. Japanese zeal for nature is so strong that one may be intruded upon by a Helly-Hansen-clad geriatric hiker anywhere there's even a hint of foliage or dynamic elevation. Such is the life of a runner and pee-er. Woot.


Fuji from Takao
After I told level 3 student about my weekend, she described me as "outdoorsy" (once I taught her the word, which was later challenged by my co-workers). And thus, my outdoorsy weekend in a few sentences: On Wednesday, I partook in a late afternoon run from my apartment and up Mount Takao, which provided a breathtaking view of Mount Fuji and some rare solitude on the summit (photo @ Right). And on Thursday, I rode the Chuo even FARTHER WEST than Takao and ran an awesome loop around Sagamiko, a super-toursity, yet wonderfully peaceful (it being far from tourist season, see above photo) resort town on a lake nestled amongst the hills. It reminded me of the U.P. -- rather Mystery-Spot-esque in some ways (those ways involving things like swan-shaped paddleboats and garish, deteriorating decor).

I am moving, Michelle is moving, and Krista is moving. Goodbye Takao, come April.

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter