This blog gets my opposite of goat!



Boating? No, Voting?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Tomorrow is big election time in Nippon. Koizumi (Japan's prime minister, to your right, and to Richard Gere's left) dissolved congress's lower house after the upper house failed to approve his proposal for privatizing the postal system. And viola: lower house reelection!

It's been the talk of the town, really, and I feel that the buzz surrounding this election is suprising . . . I have yet to find a student who isn't psyched up about it. Then again I also have yet to find a student who knows who they're going to vote for. What does it all mean, this passionate undecidedness?

I could try to answer, but it would be halfhearted. You see, my attentions per this election are directed toward the eminent dissapearance of high decibal campiagn activity, and not toward what one might call "election content/pertinent information." Good lord, the campaigning is ridiculous. Imagine a gaggle of megaphone-draped political activists/campaigners overextending their voiceboxes in any and all dense urban areas. This quick-draw megaphone activity has been going on for the past month or so, and Hurrah! It's almost over! Put your megaphones back in ther plastic cases and go back to your day jobs, active campaigners! You hurt my ears! And everyone else's! You are infuriating! I don't understand why you have to be so loud! Thank you.

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter