This blog gets my opposite of goat!



The Key to Yoga


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Here I sit, parsing through The Key to Yoga by Walter B. Gibson.* Copyrighted in 1958, costing $1.45 at one point or another, stolen from my momma's collection and touting itself as "a modern treatment of an ancient subject, covered in an absorbing, understandable style," The Key to Yoga is an undeniable gem. And yet while I find it to be neither absorbing, particularly understandable, nor modern, it is informative, and I really like the cover illustration. Additionally, the list of Informative Books Which Will Introduce Interesting Hobbies and Other Subjects on the back of the dustjacket is wholly stimulating. A sampling:

#3107 - Lightning Jiu-jitsu, $1.00
#3112 - Papercraft for Fun, $1.00
#3115 - Fun for Boys, $1.00
#3116 - Fun for Girls, $1.00
#3143 - Home Experiments in Electricity, $2.00
#3171 - Key to Profitable Coin Collecting, $2.00
#3109 - How to Play the Trotters and Win, $2.00

If mom has any of these I sure do hope it's Home Experiments in Electricity, which sounds like something Maoxie would really enjoy in xer spare time.

In addition to attempting this book, I have been making rash decisions lately in the vein of waking up at 5:30 in order to squeeze some prime-time Bikram into my day, Bikramming after work, Bikramming after Ultimate (my team is 2-0-1, which is sooper!) and Bikramming before fashion shows. And that's that.

* Author of other esteemed tomes such as The Key to Hypnotism, The Book of Secrets, Houdini's Escapes, Houdini's Magic, etc.

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter