This blog gets my opposite of goat!



J.D. Salinger et al.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The blogging muse is gone again. Fortunately I've stopped (as of this morning, anyway) biking to work, which means I'm back on the CTA red line, which means I'm reading again, which means that Buddy Glass is telling me, for the third time, "that if my Muses fail to provide for me, I [can] go grind lenses somewhere, like Booker T. Washington."1 Yes!

In light of that lens-grinding spirit, then, I am thankful for these things and others:

  • My brother, for a) flying me halfway to NY and halfway back to Chicago and b) introducing me to the pleasurable effects of ginger tea. Many regards, Dave.
  • Confucianism, its perfect gentleman and their harmonious residence on Wikipedia for keeping me from doing any real work after 2:00 today. Don't frown at me, CorpAm -- I needed it. Badly.
  • My former roommate Ryan for dragging me away from the claws of my cube and into the embrace of Henry Johnson's sweet, sweet vocal chords on Monday night. Amen.
  • A new weekly tradition: Tokyo Marina.
  • Henry Hudson


This week's Geist? 5-B-Blitzing for sure. [Amended but non-chronological slide show here.]

1I can find no internet documentation to support this fact of B.T.W. having been a lens-grinder. And his wiki article is crap.

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter