This blog gets my opposite of goat!



Of Snowstorms & Butter Lambs


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



After frizz on Saturday I decided ot blitz eastward to enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend with non-nuclear family. My blizzardy drive to Detroit was rewarded with nothing short of a sub-$3.00 butter lamb, hearkening upon conversations of yore whilst "ornating" Bruce & Becky's dining room table. Under the heated duress of a kitchen full o' cooking on a snowy April afternoon, the once featureless little creature metamorphosed into the primate-like gargoyle below. Innocence of the Christ-child indeed. AHHHH!




On Friday I got a new bici, and I love it. It's an old, svelte, maroon Bianchi mixte with newer wheels, good brakes and aluminium pedals. The ride is smooth and responsive and it's at least 50% lighter than my old Schwinn. Ron and Jim of Nearly New [Something] at Grace & Broadway were very good to me, staving off ogling potential buyers for a week while I thought over the purchase. Post-Bikram on Friday I decided it was time, and after a couple spins around the block I handed over my trusty Schwinn (I figure I logged around 2,000 miles on that little guy, but truthfully I was happy to see him go), signed up for a full summer of free parts and labor, and blitzed home. I enjoy it so, and am starting to become evangelical. A growing contingecy at work is learning that if they ask me daily about my ride I will make shameless efforts to draw them into my fold.


Jake's got a family friend in town so just now we (well, I only did a little) cleaned the apartment from top to bottom for the first time in many many moons. It's so amazingly cozy when it's been scrubbed and brushed. We've got just nineteen more days here (gasp!) and I hope to enjoy 'em as much as possible. Despite the unresponsive superintendant & strains of heavy Techno/Rock/Salsa/Pop/Hip-Hop/Bears/Chihuahuas/Screams that so often permeate our uninsulated ceiling and floorboards, I will miss this pleasant little womblike abode. Sigh. Time to move on.

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter