This blog gets my opposite of goat!



So des ne?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Springtime for Hitler in Germany is a lot like Thanksgiving for Westerners in Tokyo. I think. Don't worry, though -- I haven't completely lost the Thanksgiving spirit. For instance, the other day I explained to some Australian coworkers that -- YES -- wild turkeys actually exist. From this discovery sprang a lively discussion about how one might catch such a turkey. The answer -- a Danny The Champion Of The World-esque caper involving copious amounts of bourbon. Ahhh, thanks NOVA, for providing such stimulating workdays.

In other news, teaching is still fun. I really do like it. The days pass quickly and are relatively stress-free. And the students are generally pretty fun. My last workday was really busy because it wa a holiday here (Labor Day equivalent) but somehow what I thought was going to be super-stressful turned into quite a fun/busy day. Yahoo.

I'm learning Katakana/Hiragana on my own, which is really interesting because I'm starting to realize how many words in Japanese are stolen from English. i.e. yogurt - yo.gu.ru.to, and Lemon = ri.mo.ne. Fun.

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter