This blog gets my opposite of goat!



Milk Was Not A Good Choice


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I recently (albeit briefly) had a crisis upon realizing that I'm not very funny anymore. I laugh a lot, but I think that's only because my standards have lowered. What has happened to the days of Power Hours with Da and speculation regarding consumption of the last Miller High Life? Does this paucity of genuine humor have something to do with the fact that I have a real job and am half a globe away from the origin or such humor? Could be, could be. Fortunately, a recent dose of Will Ferrel infused cinematic experiences just may be the key to resurrecting my keen* sense of all things funny.

In addition to enjoying the comedic stylings of Will F., recently I've been running again with quasi-regularity, which feels awesome. I've also recently been working maybe too much -- yesterday, usually of my weekend days, was spent teaching at Tachikawa for a friend who in turn will work for me when I'm in Kyoto in two weeks. In addition to working, more recently I've explored the Asagaya Jazz Bar scene. And even more recently I've contemplated the presence of a woman who smelled distinctly like a man on the Women-Only Keio Line train car. And most recently (today) I've scampered all around town to the tune of a trip to the city office and then the Koban to get fingerprinted for bike registration (really!), too many hours at the Mac store in Ginza, even more time reading my second Haruki Murakami novel on the subway and a trip to Tokyu Hands in Shibuya. Wao. The only thing I didn't do was the one thing I really wanted to do, which was buy a guitar in Ochanomizu. Maybe next Tuesday? I'm going to learn!

Feel Good Inc., by the Gorillaz, has been dancing on my eardrums all week. That plus Gypsy Death and You, The Kills; Scar, Missy Higgins; Fit But You Know It, The Streets; and Ruin My Day, Jon Brion,** comprise a large portion of my listening as of the latest late. Hurrah for a fixed iPod.

*asterisk for the sake of an asterisk
** list for the sake of a list

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter