This blog gets my opposite of goat!



To Japan, With Love


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Should the purpose of summer really be to be so terribly loathsome that all other seasons seem like paradise in comparison? I think not, but this scenario seems to be in effect in Tokyo; now that summer's past and I've been able to appraise a full 365 day cycle of Tokyo weather patterns I am convinced that the above may be summer's only redeeming quality. Which is ok, October has been awesome minus its brief fling with torrential rain. Now it's cool and clear . . . on Thursday, down by the once-festering Tamagawa, I encountered a peaceful scene of bicyclists, retirees, construction workers, senior members of a camera club*, children, tired cats and freshly-mown lawn to accompany me on my lazy run. It was fantastic. Since I'm repeating one Tokyo season, actually, I'm really glad it's autumn. Anyway, happy anniversary Tokyo. I guess you've treated me well. I hope it's been mutual. And I appricate that you didn't deport me even though I renewed my VISA just two days before the deadline. Thanks.

Nothing thus far has caused me to lose faith in my weekly totally personalized Metropolis Horoscope** . . . nothing until I read this. All of a sudden I'm beginning to feel there is no solid ground after all. No solid ground except the BBC's News In Pictures, upon which I have a heavy, potentially-unhealthy reliance. I wonder if this sort of media is really news? I just don't know anymore . . .

* Seriously, these guys had foodball-sideline quality lenses. No Joking Around.
**
Four Yen Signs? Two Hearts? Three Clovers? It doesn't get much better.

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter