This blog gets my opposite of goat!



The Unthinkable


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This morning I really had to make a quick run to the supermarket before work so I did what the title of this post refers to -- I anonymously borrowed one of my neighbor's bikes for an unprecedented 10 minutes. This is horrible and not allowed and actually fairly risky as bike-borrowing in Japan is not as breezy an activity as football-playa-bike-borrowing on the campus of Notre Dame. See, here all bikes are registered with the fuzz, and bike theft is commonly reported and rectified. I have actually seen a number of bike smackdowns on nighttime walks from the station and, well, they ain't pretty. Mom, if you don't hear from me soon you'll at least know that I've deserved my untimely end.

I don't know why I like UrbanDictionary so much, because it's often rather dirty and silly. Regardless, I posted an entry to explain my earlier use of the Teacher's "We." So READ and be enlightened. And then weep.

Thanksgiving day was so non-Thanksgiving-ish here that I managed just fine without turkey. I ate dinner at a really cozy and fun bar in Shibuya, the meal watched over by a 15 foot Budda statue wearing a santa hat and holding a Christmas Tree. Funny or irreverent, or both?* You decide. I then spent Friday telling my students about can-shaped-cranberry sauce and marshmallows on yams. Ahh, what a day.


* "Budda-Clause," said MicVat
* "Very bad sense of humor," said an overly-eyeshadowed student of mine.

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter