This blog gets my opposite of goat!



Fruited Plains, Above The


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Today is a beautiful day. Purple Mountain Majesties and Amber Waves of Grain Beautiful. I'm going to take down [edit: my dad is going to take down] my mom's bike from the garage rafters, and I shall reenact my haunch-busting rides of yore.

This weekend we've watched two Oscar-nominated films, Capote and Walk The Line. Having now seen three of the five nominated for Best Picture I'm thinking it's safe to say that 2005 was a joyless year for screenwriters. Continuing with the joyless theme and spurred on by the wiles of Hollywood I plan to read In Cold Blood ASAP. I firmly subscribe to the idea that it is better to read the book before watching its related movie and not the other way around, but it's like I've always said: "Any time is Capote time."

I just finished Heinrich Harrer's Seven Years In Tibet, one in a batch of Asia-based books I purchased to stave off the symptoms of Serious Asian Withdrawl. Soooo, now I'm wondering whether or not I should see its cinematic rendering. See, the book is written in first-person and I am having trouble imagining the narrator/protagonist as Bradley vs. Pittsburgh. I guess I'll go have a think on it while out wrecking my haunches.

Peace. Out.

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter