This blog gets my opposite of goat!



The [UAM] Lounge


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Firstly, I don't understand HTML, which is the reason behind my blog's phoenix-esque regeneration and residual scarring/wonkiness. I checked out HTML For Dummies from the TADL, but have yet to crack it past the 3rd page. I don't know what that makes me, but I feel like I should be reading up, if only for the sake of starting and and finishing a project. I haven't had much me time (read: moi toim, Australian style) lately, though, so there's been little reading for personal joy.

Secondly, This weekend was another fun one of travels. I ended up checking out a number of lovely apartments, partaking in "one" interview (with five potential future supervisors), attending my cousin Erin's bridal shower *and* winning lots of free stuff, including, but not exclusively, a flat-brimmed Miller Lite hat and a $10 gift certificate for Purple East in Grand Rapids. Two raffles, two cities . . . hooooah. Also, I am reallllllyyy starting to learn my way around Chicago. Like nobody's business.

Thirdly, phoenixes are totally awesome, just in case that fact wasn't clear already.

Fourthly, in addition to being awesome, the word itself falls into a category of ubiquitously applicable monikers (UAM's if you will), that, because of their universal grandiousity, seem to be applicable to even the most mundane topics. Some example UAM's: genesis, impala, mercury (one of many off the Periodic Table of the Elements), nova, luna, eclipse (really any celestial body or phenomenon), puma. etc. And, some (faux) examples of their application to mundane scenarios: Genesis Reality, NOVA Construction, Phoenix Tour Group, and Mercury Hot Dogs. Mmmm, perhaps Mercury Hot Dogs is a stretch. Regardless, it's an interesting phenomenon, and one that I began noticing with more clarity than ever before after spending about an hour last night poring over the yellow pages.

Fifthly, Wikipedia is the greatest source of sketchily-written knowledge ever. THE GREATEST! Apparently in some arenas it's about on par with the Encyc. Brit. as goes accuracy (read here). This fact took the pep out of my dad's step a bit, I think, but it infused a giant pep in mine. Side note, I had to retake the ACT for a tutoring position and, in addition to proving that I am still qualified for undergraduate studies, I also discovered that the ACT uses Wikipedia as a source for its reading section excerpts. Cool.

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter