This blog gets my opposite of goat!



City Beasts Et Al


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Right at the cusp of the Romantic Quality (wikipedia may be way off base on this one but it's not my place to apologize) as per usual, The Zeitgeist has already touched, albeit rather esoterically, on today's subject matter.

Yet I must expound, briefly.

What are some components of a citybeast? A citybeast, like a Ubiquitously Applicable Moniker, must carry universal appeal. It speaks to all; for instance womens, children, menfolk, peons and royalty. But what is it? It is a beast. Additionally, it is an assembly of people -- civilization on some level (metropolis, county seat, suburb, gated community). Some examples:

1) Phoenix (AZ)
2) The Canaries
3) Buffalo Grove
4) Deerfield
5) Turkey

So on yesterday's replay of A Prairie Home Companion, Billy Collins read this nice little ditty featuring such locales as Pheasant Ridge, Quail Falls and Fox Run. And though I appreciated the solo ruminations BC's reading elicited in me, it really hit home that few CBs can quite trump the clout of The Canaries. Am I right? Yes.

However, if you are thinking, "I can trump that clout. Just let me at it. Just give me the ways and means for founding my own citybeast," then look no further than your local Bestiary, friends, and godspeed.

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter