This blog gets my opposite of goat!



Get This


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Upon receiving some deliciously lovely news on Thursday evening, off were kicked three full-on days of celebration and etc. I made some phone calls to friends & fam (mom and dad were prepping to jet off to Zion & Dave to the UK but they were all excited for me, briefly) followed by episodes of The Office and part of Napoleon Dynamite complimented by a large rectangular prism of Bombay Sapphire.

On Friday, after a very validating (I'll be living it up in the railcar industry for 10 more working days ONLY) happy hour and a phone call from sweet Meggie-Chan in Melbourne, I blitzed on over to Kim & Vikki's for a relatively low-key evening of some Hennessey and Catchphrase.

Saturday started early; at 8:45ish me, two Jakes, Oess, a double-bagged grill, two Gander Mountain chairs and a tight-weave afghan crammed into my car for a trip out to Schiller Forest. Our Ultimate team won our first game but lost the second with a heart-wrenching 13-12 result. Ugh. Alas. Afterward we singed the grass in the park 'neath Otter's cylindrical grill as scrumptious meat-flavored soy products lofted their tantalizing aromas amongst the whizzing frisbees. Nicknames were coined (Albatross Woods, the Gazelle, Veronica Corningstone), oreos grilled, eleven poppyseed scones sampled, beer poured on crotches and cinnamon-flavored sweet potato crisps reviled. After a much-needed shower and etc there were kegs and margueritas.

And that, friends, is the comprehensive report. Today: His Holiness the Dalai Lama if he'll have us. Sweet!

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter