This blog gets my opposite of goat!



Ketchup on French Toast


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yesterday I was chopping onions for this amazing salad I made, and I was really enjoying it. Chopping onions -- it ranks up there on the scale of enjoyability with blowing a perfect snot-rocket, burying one's nose in warm, freshly laundered sheets, pouring thick cream into coffee, and making a successful campfire. Totally. Living the "simple life," if you will, which I am now, I have become keenly aware of the little pleasures that make temporarily cohabitating with Karen and Rick Luther a tolerable experience. I experienced all of these this weekend, to complement a leisurely lifestyle that included biking all around the mitten on Saturday, reading at coffeeshops, napping on a courderoy chair in front of NCAA football, defending ND against aging MSU fans at church, hiking and painting my toenails at Pyramid Point, making hummus, and spending money online. pathetic? maybe. But I feel I am handling my at-home stint with ease and grace, or ease at least. Whatever.

Delightul: Rufus Wainwright is performing on October 13th at the Vic in Chicago and I bought tickets. Sweet.
It's no Burbank: New Moon Records has closed. It was the only place on Front in TC with a badass, retro neon sigh, and its absence creates a void in town for venues that sell used cds and/or vinyl. Sad. I never bought LPs there, but some people did, I guess. Additionally, now my (and everyone else's, I suppose) cd punch card -- buy 15, get one free = worst deal ever -- is void. Poo indeed.
The best Manpower misdemeanor ever (confidentiality is for chumps): A guy who came in today and asked if a misdemeanor for which "my pigs escaped" would show up on a background check. Awesome.

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter