This blog gets my opposite of goat!



Neglect?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Apologies for the neglect, but there has been little but same-old to report. The weather is stunningly non-wintry, the hills of Takao are luminous in the slanting solstice sunlight, and I've already packed off one smiling roommate to Thailand after quasi-celebrating quasi-Christmas at a newly discovered and pretty awesome restaurant in Takao. Our pitiful reliance on its one English speaking staffer, however, was a slap in our Japaneseless mouths. Owch. So I have been spurred into action and am currently (right right now) trying to find a language exchange partner. Wish me luck.

Things here in this bustling metropolis will be interesting over break. Yikes. Travel time! Still trying to decide what to do . . . I don't imagine anyone ever got anything done by endlessly pondering options, but I'm hoping that maybe that's the case.

Enjoy for a funny and accurate account of the good old Tokyo subway system. The picture on this site features a car that looks exactly like the ones on the Chuo line (the one I ride each day). Telltale turqoise seats would seal the deal, but I can't see any. Kudos to this soul for so accurately expressing the joys of riding the subway Tokyo-style. Reading brings to mind a funny subway story. Yesterday I was crammed in on the Special Rapid so tightly that my left arm was pinned to my side. Directly in front of me was a businessman diligently reading a book with his left arm similarly pinned. Each time he got to the end of a page he would try to turn to the next using a combination of his chin, shoulder and thumb. I finally grew frustrated with this routine, so the next time he came to the end of a page I reached over and turned it for him with my free right hand. My fleeting satisfaction was ended by the oppressive ackwardness that ensued. Awesome.

Merry Christmas,
Heart,
Eliz

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter