This blog gets my opposite of goat!



Take a STAND!*


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I went crazy yesterday (since payday is coming up) and stayed in Takao like woah. It was actually an awesome day of painting my tonails, mopping the floors, cleaning the toilet (ventilation in our apt. is tricky to come by, so things get dusty and moldy quickly. Ew, yes), and enjoying the view of the bowling alley across from our front balcony.


Starlanes
The best part of the day, though, was a four-item trip to the 100 yen store that yielded a Christmas tree and three strands of lights. Christmas bargain! The tree, while maybe 35 centimeters tall on a good day, actually warms up our living/dining/kitchen area quite nicely. The lights are shaped like stars, and though they are likely fire hazards (much like our windpants-melting space heater), they should hopefully keep us cheered at least until the 25th, at which point they will probably combust and take the tree with them. But until that sordid day, it’s amazing what a few well spent yen can do for the mood.

Additionally, I used one strand of lights in my room to take some of the edge off the halogen lighting that has been burning my brains for the past months. My housemates immediately began to covet my soothing new setup. Well done, Eliz.

Wednesday I had my first NOVA training session in Shinjuku and met Krista and her friend Jee (who I’d met once before) at a 300 coin bar in Shibuya. We ended up NomiHodai-ing and met some fun University students who kept us entertained and taught us some clutch Japanese phrases. Additionally, Jee showed me a fun place in Kichijoji on the way home where we ate something called “idaho pizza” -- I think its toppings included potato chunks and mayonnaise. Having never been to Idaho, I'm not sure if this is an accurate representation of the state. Hmm. Also, the staff were all wearing santa outfits. Tis the season!

*Courtesy of MicVat, read and laugh. Ha. Well, if you're going to make a statement, I suppose, might as well go all the way, eh? But still . . . yikes!

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter