This blog gets my opposite of goat!



Snatch


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I tried to sign for an apartment yesterday and then another this morning, both of which were snatched away at just the last minute. They both packed a fairly potent punch, which I imagine is why they were snatched up so quickly. The appropriately vindictive course of action is to TP each apt. once the snatching tenants have moved in. I'll take pictures.

Ryan Former-Grad-Ass's air mattress is my current temporary abode, and I have earned my keep a thousand times over in my productive response to the following conversation.

Eliz: Ugh. Sunlight . . . east-facing windows . . . burning . . . retina . . . 7:00 a.m . . . GOSH.
Ryan: Yeah, it sure is bright. It's been like this every morning for the past eight months, and I just don't know what to do about it. It's a really difficult situation, with no solution in sight.
Eliz: Maybe you could get curtains?!
Ryan: Well, I am pretty handy, but not that handy. I am also pretty delicate.

I can't really make the story very interesting, except to say that I took matters into my own hands, and this process involved a trip to one home improvement store, one fabric store, one third party's apartment (access to Jake's roommate Vicki's sewing machine), and I guess that's it. And the result is gloriously cavelike, if such a descriptor exists.

|

About me

Blogsies

Chicago

Rarely Updated

Archives


Site Meter